“perfectly mary poppins.”
faerie tale feet piece inspired by the mary poppins writings of p.l. travers.
“supposing you weren’t mary poppins, who would you choose to be?”
“mary poppins!” she said.
everybody has memories of the movie.
one of my ALL-time favourite movie scenes is “step in time.”
and what girl isn’t in love with dick van dyke’s uber-charming bert?
have a look at the research and paint & ink process below, and then i'll tell you all the story icons i hid in the background!
this faerie tale feet painting features the iconic tell-tale signs of everyone’s favourite magical nanny.
we all know she comes and goes as she pleases.
her toes-out posture is surrounded by:
- tuxedoed penguins (i named the one in the blue bow tie skippy because i could)
- her perfectly starched apron
- her iconic carpet bag
- the parrot-topped umbrella
- the blue duck (read p.l. travers’ nine mary poppins books; it’s in there!)
- the carousel horse
- the hunting fox
- mr. banks’ bowler hat
- 17 cherries (you know, 17 cherry tree lane!)
- mary poppins’ daisy-lined hat
- those hungry pigeons
- medicines by the spoonful (strawberry for jane; lime for michael; rum punch for mary poppins; and milk for the baby- also in the books is a younger sibling!)
- a chimney sweep’s sweeper
- and of course: a forget-me-not as bert’s perfect gift to the lovely lady
celebrate the movie. celebrate the books.
rewatch disney’s “saving mr. banks” and laugh & cry & cheer. countdown to "mary poppins returns" coming this Christmas 2018!
it’s a jolly holiday for everybody!
collect limited edition prints in my etsy shoppe HERE.
& the matching greeting card HERE.
original gouache painting is available, framed in a soft black wood frame, for $525 (+$40 for safe US shipping). contact me if interested!
you can also collect "perfectly mary poppins" as a luxe faerie tale feet BOOKMARK!